Tuesday 29 November 2011

Tick Tock by Emma

Hi everyone!

It's time to show you my final project of November and it's been made using some more fab Distress Stains, which until the end of this month, you can find on offer, here at The Artistic Stamper.

So, time to share my creation and I hope you like it...
...and, here's how I made it!

To begin with I dabbed some Weathered Wood, Broken China and Antique Linen Distress Stain onto my craft mat, misted the stains with water and then applied my 20cm x 9.5cm sized tag over the stains, moving it around slightly to soak up all the colour. When you take the tag away, it leaves you with this gorgeous marbled effect on the background. I then inked up the Sequin Waste Open background stamp with the Weathered Wood Distress Stain and stamped the pattern all over the tag. Next, I inked up the clock face from the Tick Tock stamp plate with black Archival Ink and stamped around the edges, masking off the previous stamped image, each time to create an overlap of clocks as a border to my tag.

I then stamped the Mabel Lucie Attwell - Large White Rabbit image onto a square piece of white card and then stamped the same image again onto a separate piece of white card. I coloured both of the images in with alcohol pens but cut around the outline of the second White Rabbit image, which I will eventually be decoupaging over the top of the base image.
Next, I used some Grungeboard to die cut the Tim Holtz Weathered Clock and then, coloured all the die cut pieces with Weathered Wood Distress Stain. Attach the die cut clock to your base image of the White Rabbit, making sure the rabbit is in the centre of the clock and then trim away any of the excess cardstock. Take the cut out rabbit and layer this directly over the top of your first background image, using 3D foam pads for dimension. Adhere this completed section to your tag.
Using some papers from my crafty stash, I made up a rosette with the Tim Holtz, Decorative Strip Rosette Die and stuck this to the bottom section of my tag. I then stamped another of the large clock faces from the Tick Tock Stamp Sheet onto white card and cut this out. Using the hands of the clock that you've previously die cut from the Grungeboard, attach these with a brad, to the centre of your stamped clock face. I made sure that the hands weren't attached too tightly to the clock face, allowing you to move the hands around, so they will always tell the exact time that you want.
I inked up the "Tick Tock' wording from the Tick Tock stamp sheet with Black Archival Ink and stamped onto cream card, trimmed each of the edges to give a banner shape and then added it to the top of my tag.

As a finishing touch I coloured cream seam binding with some more of the Weathered Wood Distress Stain and tied it into a bow, through the hole in my tag.

So, that's about it from me for this month.
Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my creation and I'll look forward to reading your comments.

Bye for now and happy creating.
Emma x

12 comments:

Unknown said...

this is so pretty - I need that background stamp!:o)

Sarah x

Jacqueline said...

Oh!! That is stunning! Very feminine and dreamy!

Thank you for sharing.

Jackie x

Inkypinkycraft said...

Fab, I love the softness of the colours , really lovely trace x

Sid said...

Fab colours and so crisp !!

Joanne said...

This is a masterpiece not just a timepiece. Weathered wood is a perfect choice and I love the idea of photographing it against that cage background. Looks just like Big Ben.
Hugs Joanne xx

Artyjen said...

Gorgeous ;)
xoxo Sioux

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Great tag and I love the clock die, this way (I used it a few weeks ago on a steampunk tag)
The way you used it together is gorgeous!

greetings, Alie :-)

Elaine A said...

This is just lovely! What a truly original piece. I love it!

Elaine Allen

craftytrog said...

Stunning tag Emma! xx

Kat said...

Emma this so fab, love the colours,
Kat.

TAM said...

Absolutely fabulous Emma - as Joanne has already said "a masterpiece".

Kirsten Alicia said...

That is beautiful, I love the pale, subtle colour.