Thursday 16 February 2012

BUTTERFLY PUBLICITY TAG by Kat

Hi all, Kat Here,
it feels like it's been ages since I made a tag,
so that's what I have to share with you today,
I have also had a little play with my distress stains.
so here is my creation.

I started with a size 8 manilla tag
I took took the distress stains
Picket Fence, Vintage Photo & Brushed Corduroy,
smooshed them on my craft sheet & dragged the tag through the ink
then dried it with a heat tool,
I then repeated this with the ink that was left 
& dried the tag again,
I then took the vintage photo stain,
 banged it on to the tag to make cool splats
(a trick that Hel's showed me) cool ha!
then dried the tag again.


I then blended round the edge with
Vintage Photo & Walnut Stain Distress Ink
& stamped the butterflies off the Papillon plate Tim Holtz.


I then stamped the butterflies on some scrap card &
coloured them in with pro markers,
cut them out & attached them over the top,
to give some dimension.


I made a little torn edge sign with THIS
fab saying & attached it to the tag with a memo pin
& to finish I stapled some brown ribbon along the side edge.


hope you like it!

just quickly,
 can I say a big thank you to every one
that leaves me such lovely comments on
the things I post here,
I am always  excited to read them
& they are so appreciated. 

hope to see you next time,
Kat x.

16 comments:

TonyR said...

lovely tag!
elegant and uncluttered but delightfully distressed!
x

craftytrog said...

It's gorgeous Kat! xox

Helen said...

I think it is a great tag - love how you did the butterflies.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag! Love that vintage look and that butterfly stamp is just fab!

Sid said...

Fab tag, love the colours and design !

Trish Latimer said...

love this..the tiny touches of red on the butterflies are just gorgeous!

Emma Williams said...

This is gorgeous Kat...I love the hints of colour on the butterflies wings! xx

Ruby Craft said...

Beautiful tag. I love the background inking and the layered and colored butterflies. Wonderful tutorial and great pictures on the details.

Weasel said...

Love the tag - especially the stapled ribbon down the edge!

megote said...

classieux!!!

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

Love your tag kat tis fab er ooney .....loving the splats ! X

Kirsten Alicia said...

Gorgeous tag, I love the ribbon along the side.

Sharne Gregory said...

It's stunning Kat!!

Janny Jager said...

A beautiful tag
Love the vintage look.

Greetings Janny

Ellen said...

Wowwww Kat,

Very,very beautiful!!!!!

Hugs,
Ellen

Artyjen said...

Really pretty ;)
xoxo sioux