Monday 16 July 2012

Moth to a Flame by Sioux Jenneys

Hiya folks! I seem to be into tags at the minute so here is another one to share:)




1. I used Distress Inks in wild honey, rusty hinge and spice marmalade to colour the background before masking off the flame area with a movers and shapers leaf die cut and stamping the marbled background in Distress Ink weathered wood.




2. Used the scrabble tiles and the journaling mini words layered onto black card to make up the sentiments.


3. I decided to break open my speciality stamping paper from Ranger that I have had for a few weeks and try it out! So I stamped the moth from Insects and Butterflies 1 in Archival black twice and coloured it with Distress Markers......ooh! I do like the smooth feel to it and the way the colours go on ;)


I then cut out one whole moth and just the top wing section as an added layer.




4. Stamped the word desire from the Nudes plate at the side and attached a movers and shapers leaf that had been colourised as the flame.

5. Stamped the crown from Crowning Glory in Adirondack pigment watermelon at the bottom and tattered the edges of the tag before fixing the moth in position with silicone glue using some wire for the feelers.




I'll give you "Fifty" ;) guesses as to what inspired me to make that tag :)


See you again soon!
xoxo Sioux

10 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

That is just beautiful!!

maria's knutselplezier said...

What a beautifull tag!!!I love the colours and the way you put the letters and moth on it it is really stunning!!!

Greetings
Maria

Inkypinkycraft said...

A beautiful tag, love the rich colours, trace x

Helen said...

Fantastic tag, Sioux... now, let me guess about the inspiration!!

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous tag, great details and fabulous colours too! Keep them coming!!

Joanne said...

Some very clever thinking gone on there. I have that 'moth' and it's the nicest 'fluttery' one I own. Love the colours. Looks very grey in the photo!!
Hugs Joanne xx

Michelle said...

A great tag Sioux and what a great idea to mask off the flame. I'll try and commit that to my ever failing memory. Love the way you've coloured the moth too
x Michelle

Janny Jager said...

Great tag with beautiful Butterflies and colors.

Greetings Janny

craftytrog said...

Fantastic tag Sioux! Just ordered the 'trilogy'! Lol! xox

Marjie Kemper said...

So beautiful! Love your flame and how you've journaled out the sentiment this way.