Thursday 18 April 2013

Little french country, preserve cabinet: By Zuzu

 Hello again...

I have altered one of the little Papier-mâché book boxes. Its the smaller of the set of two and is only about 4 inches tall.
I covered it in papers and tissue paper first of all. the papers are all from the Graphic 45 French country set. I used the 8x8 papers.  I also stamped on the corners of the front using the sequin waste stamp.
After covering all the surfaces and letting the glue dry, i sanded all the edges gently to give the paper a worn distressed look. 
 

I then stamped out the bottles and jars on to plain card and coloured them with watercolour pencils then glued them into place, using thick card at the back for extra depth (for a 3D effect). 

I cut out some elements from the papers and glued them into place. simply seal everything with varnish. mod podge or whatever you usually use, and Bob's your uncle. (he's certainly not MY uncle).

thanks for looking Z x

11 comments:

Dominike said...

I love your work and this book is so beautiful !

Sid said...

Fab project and it looks super !

Paula Whittaker said...

Wonderfully aged/vintage look you've created there Zuzu.

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is gorgeous, Zuzu, I've just been doing one of these too, completely different! Those papers are lush! You have achieved such a wonderful worn look,

Lucy x

Artyjen said...

Scrummy.....love it ;)
xoxo Sioux

Zuzu's Blog said...

thank you x

Helen said...

these book boxes are so cute, and I love how you've decorated it.

whyducks said...

Very unusual and different,cute!

Janny Jager said...

Great and beautiful project with a lot of nice details.
Greetings Janny

Words and Pictures said...

What a brilliant vintage look to this piece... you'd swear it was something picked up in a French flea market - amazing work, Zuzu!
Alison xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning Louise, I adore it!!