Sunday 16 June 2013

Flower Card by Sioux Jenneys

It's great to be back for my second post this month here and I'm sharing a card :)


1. I started by stamping the largest of the butterflies from Encyclopaedia Botanica in three different colours of ink using Distress Ink in scattered straw, wild honey and rusty hinge. These were then masked.


2. I then stamped the text block from the same plate over the top of these in Distress weathered wood. This was them masked and the hessian background was stamped over this in Distress old paper.


3. The masks were removed and at this point it looked like this and I could have stopped there, added a sentiment and some shading and been very happy....but....but.... I decided to go a step further!


4. I decided to stamp the large flower from the same plate directly over the top in Archival coffee and I admit at this point I said to myself "Yikes that's a step too far - it looks rubbish!"
Or words to that effect!!! ROFL


5. However, I persevered and added colouring in Distress Inks over the flowers in Victorian velvet, aged mahogany and peeled paint. I think I managed to rescue it!!! ROFL

6. I added the sentiment from the same plate in Archival black, tattered the edges and aged with brushed corduroy and black soot before attaching it to the card base. 



When things go wrong, sometimes you just have to keep going to overcome it :)
See you again soon!

xoxo Sioux

16 comments:

Jacqueline said...

That is gorgeous!! I really like that. Just love everything you have done with it. Thanks for sharing.

Jackie x

mark gould said...

Beautiful. Perfectly layered stamping xx

Scrumplescrunch said...

You rescued it beautifully, as it is gorgeous.
Smiles:)
Sue

Jenny Marples said...

I think you did more than rescue it Sioux, it's gorgeous. Hugs, Jenny x

maria's knutselplezier said...

Thanks for showing us how to do this card, It's really wonderfull , I like the structure and the butterflies in the background, and what a beautiful flowerstamp!! LLove this card a lot!!

Greetings
Maria

Helen said...

well done for not throwing in the towel, and finishing - it looks gorgeous.

Jennie Atkinson said...

Stunning stamping Sioux - all those layers look fantastic. And what a beautiful flower stamp - your colouring makes it stand out fabulously. Jennie x

Rebecca said...

Lovely :)
Happy craftin
Rebecca

Joanne said...

I love the colour combination, the flower stamp and the hesian stamp, but above all, I love finished card. reckon the colouring did the trick.
xx

Words and Pictures said...

Brilliant... love the leap you took stamping the flower, and it's paid off completely - stunning card!
Alison x

Astrid Maclean said...

Fantastic card, really love the layered stamping with the butterflies behind the flowers, so glad you carried on with it. The hessian background looks so real, I totally thought it was a real piece of fabric at first...

Zuzu's Blog said...

love all those layers and beautiful shading.

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous card Sioux! I love all of the beautiful layers! xxx

Rita said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the image and the colours too. Hugs Rita xxx

PJ said...

I LOVE this card and will have to make it, thank you!

Edwina Sutherland said...

I'm going to share this with my card making sister! Thanks!