Friday 29 September 2017

Butterfly Splatter Card by Gemma


I have another butterfly card to share with you today, I am really enjoying creating fairly simple cards with not a lot of fussiness at the moment.

This card was a larger square card to start with but it had a little accident and had to be redesigned.  
I started by putting small amounts of Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet, Spiced Marmalade, Distress Oxides onto a non-stick mat and mixed them with water, then using different sized small brushed I splattered the ink over a piece of cardstock. 


I then stamped three butterflies diagonally across the piece of card, one of these was later cut off. I also edged the card with yellow ink.



Once everything was dry I stamped along some areas of the sides with the plaid background stamp and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide, before stamping the words with love in archival ink.



To alter the card after it's little mishap I cut off the ruined area, applied more yellow ink to the edges and stamped, colored and cut out a new butterfly for the card front.


Thanks for stopping by

Gemma

2 comments:

Sid said...

Beautiful card !

Liz said...

Super card, great rescue from your little accident. xx